Chapter 966 Tri-M 2016-2017 Schedule
General Meetings: 2nd Wed. of each month
December Nursing Home performances (TBA)
Jan. 31 Opera Trip
Feb.. 10 Harley/Boyd Talent Show: Usher, Sound, Lights, Crowd Control
March 1,3&4 JGHS Musical Actors/Pit/Crew/Usher-all performances
March 22 Applications from Apprentices due.
March 13 Elwoodstock-Usher
April 24 Elwood NYSSMA @ JGHS
April 30 Recital at Elwood Public Library
June 8 Induction Ceremony @ Music Banquet
Trip to Bizet's, Carmen , January 31
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE/CONTINUING MEMBERSHIP:
1. Must be enrolled in either Band, Chorus or Orchestra (no "Independent Study")
2. Must have attained a NYSSMA solo rating of Level 5 A- or better. (Level 6 B is not acceptable) This could be on piano.
3. Must serve as an apprentice for one academic year, participating in ALL mandated activities.
4. Must fill out Tri-M application, including an essay, submitting it by the prescribed deadline.
5. Must obtain exemplary recommendations from their academic subject area teachers.
6. MUST EXHIBIT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF CITIZENSHIP IN SCHOOL AND IN THEOR MUSIC CLASSES. The advisor has the right to review/terminate mebership if these qualities deteriorate after acceptance.
7. Past membership in the middle school Tri-M, or from another school district , does not guarantee immediate acceptance for Chapter 966.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO TRI-M CHAPTER 967-ELWOOD MIDDLE SCHOOL