The School Counseling Center
At Elwood Middle School , the school counselor has a multitude of roles and responsibilities that include working with students, faculty and staff, administration, and parents. The school counselor promotes and encourages social, emotional, personal, and academic growth and development of all EMS students. Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide individual and group counseling for social, emotional, personal and academic concerns.
- To facilitate classroom presentations and activities as needed.
- To serve as a liaison for parents, teachers and students.
- To foster support and communication between the school and community.
- To serve as a support for teachers. Scheduling of students and creating the master schedule. Collaboration with outside agencies, resources, and related practitioners and therapists. SST, CSE member.